Which Of The Following Types Of Traffic Does Not Travel Through Routers?
- Sabrina Sarro
- There are three types of traffic that do not travel through routers: broadcast traffic, multicast traffic, and unicast traffic.
- Broadcast traffic is sent to all devices on a network, multicast traffic is sent to a group of devices, and unicast traffic is sent to a single device.
- 1 The Internet: Packets, Routing & Reliability
- 2 Cisco Packet Tracer Basic Networking – Static Routing using 2 routers
- 3 Which of the following is a metric routers can use to determine best path?
- 4 What are routers used for?
- 5 What is a Type 8 password?
- 6 Which command encrypts all passwords?
- 7 Which type of access is secured on a Cisco router or switch with the enable secret command?
- 8 How does a router differ from a switch or a hub?
- 9 What is TCP Traffic?
- 10 How packets travel through a network?
The Internet: Packets, Routing & Reliability
Cisco Packet Tracer Basic Networking – Static Routing using 2 routers
Which of the following is a metric routers can use to determine best path?
- There are a few different metrics that routers can use to determine the best path between two nodes on a network.
- The most common metric is the hop count, which simply counts the number of intermediate nodes between the source and destination.
- Another metric is the round-trip time, which measures how long it takes for a packet to travel from the source to the destination and back again.
- The last metric is the bandwidth, which measures the capacity of the link between the two nodes.
What Cisco router command encrypts all passwords on the router?
To encrypt all passwords on a Cisco router, use the “enable secret” command. This command will encrypt all passwords on the router, including the enable password, enable secret password, and line passwords.
What is a router quizlet?
A router quizlet is a quiz that tests your knowledge of routers. It can be used to help you learn about routers and how they work, or to test your existing knowledge. Either way, it can be a useful tool for anyone who wants to know more about routers.
What is the TCP portion of a packet called?
The TCP portion of a packet is called the TCP header. This header contains information about the source and destination of the data in the packet, as well as other control information. The TCP header is used by the TCP protocol to ensure that data is delivered reliably from one point to another.
What are routers used for?
Routers are used for a variety of purposes, including connecting devices to the internet, sharing files and printers on a network, and creating a wireless network. Routers can also be used to connect two or more networks together, such as a home network to a business network.
Which three 3 are types of routes found in a routing table?
There are three types of routes found in a routing table: static, dynamic, and default. Static routes are those that are manually configured and do not change. Dynamic routes are those that are learned through a routing protocol and can change. Default routes are those that are used when no other route is available.
What is a Type 8 password?
- A Type 8 password is a unique, complex password that is created by combining two or more shorter passwords.
- This type of password is typically used by businesses and organizations to protect sensitive data.
- Type 8 passwords are usually 8 characters or longer, and they can include a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
Which command encrypts all passwords?
The “encrypt all passwords” command is a command that is used to encrypt all passwords that are stored on a computer. This is a very important command to use, especially if you have sensitive information stored on your computer. This command will make it so that anyone who tries to access your passwords will not be able to read them.
Which type of access is secured on a Cisco router or switch with the enable secret command?
The enable secret command is used to set a password that is required to access privileged mode on a Cisco router or switch. This password is encrypted and is more secure than the enable password, which is simply set as clear text. Only someone with the enable secret password will be able to access privileged mode, making it more difficult for unauthorized users to gain access to the device.
What are 3 types of wireless connections?
There are three types of wireless connections:1. Infrared: This type of wireless connection uses infrared light to communicate between devices. It is typically used for short-range communication, such as between a remote control and a television.2. Radiofrequency: This type of wireless connection uses radio waves to communicate between devices. It is typically used for medium-range communication, such as between a wireless router and a laptop.3. Microwave: This type of wireless connection uses microwaves to communicate between devices. It is typically used for long-range communication, such as between a satellite and a ground station.
Is Wi-Fi a DSL?
DSL, or Digital Subscriber Line, is a type of internet connection that uses copper phone lines to deliver high-speed internet. Wi-Fi, on the other hand, is a wireless technology that allows devices to connect to the internet without the need for wires or cables. So, while Wi-Fi is not a type of DSL, it can be used in conjunction with DSL to create a wireless home network.
How does a router differ from a switch or a hub?
A router is a network device that forwards data packets between computer networks. Routers operate at the network layer of the OSI model. A router is connected to two or more data lines from different networks and determines which way to send information based on its routing table. Routers can connect multiple networks, including the Internet.A switch is a network device that allows computer networks to communicate with each other. Switches operate at the data link layer of the OSI model. A switch is typically connected to multiple computers or other network devices and allows them to communicate with each other.A hub is a network device that allows computer networks to connect to each other. Hubs operate at the physical layer of the OSI model. A hub is typically a central device that connects multiple computers or other devices together.
What is TCP Traffic?
TCP traffic is the data that is sent and received via the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). TCP is a transport layer protocol that is responsible for ensuring the reliability of data transmission between two devices. TCP uses a three-way handshake to establish a connection between two devices before data can be exchanged. Once a connection is established, TCP guarantees that data will be delivered in the correct order and without errors.
How packets travel through a network?
Packets are small pieces of data that are sent across a network. When you send a packet, it is first sent to a router, which is a device that connects your computer to the network. The router then forwards the packet to the next router, and so on, until it reaches its destination.Each packet has a header, which contains information about where the packet came from and where it is going. When a router receives a packet, it looks at the header to see where the packet is supposed to go next. The router then forwards the packet to the next router in the network.This process continues until the packet reaches its destination. When the packet reaches its destination, the computer that receives the packet assembles the packets into the original data that was sent.